Anson completed his first Triathalon today! It was a Sprint Triathlon - 500 meter swim, 16.2 mile bike ride, and 5k run. He did amazing! The swim was the part he felt the least confident about and once he made it past the crazy start (I guess the swimmers can be quite aggressive!) he did really well. Then he killed the bike section, riding an average of 22.6 mph! Then he was doing great with the run, but unfortunately got a little mixed up on the course (which was not marked well and very short on volunteers) and ran an extra 2/3rds mile! But even despite this detour he still placed 8th in his age group! Really he would have place 4th if the run was the length it was suppose to be.
He has only been seriously training for around 3 months. He is doing an Olympic-length tri in about 4 weeks. This one is 1.5 km swim, 40 km ride, 10 km run. I'm really proud of you babe!
Justin, Jaelyn and Anson's mom joined me in cheering on Anson today.

1 comment:
LOOK @ ANSON! I AM SO PROUD! GOOD JOB FROM EMILY & JAMES CARROLL!!!
I am super impressed!!!!
Post a Comment