Well I survived my first 5k! Anson and I signed up for the Gary Burns Frisco Fun Run and my training for it was not very inspired, so the morning of the race I was a little nervous. The first mile went well, felt good. Mile 2 was tough but I was able to keep going. Mile 3 was hard! I finally had to give in and start walking. Luckily Anson who had already finished came to join me for the last part of the race. I finally saw the finish line and got one last burst of energy to finish. Proud to say I did it and would actually do it again and maybe one day graduate to a 10k. Although a marathon is definitely not in my future... :)
As for Anson, he did awesome as always- he won third place in his age group! He finished in 20 minutes flat. After the race, I drove home quickly to get the kids (thanks to Mimi for getting up super early to watch them for us!) and made it back just in time to see Anson get his medal. So proud! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment