March 21, 2011
Ethan's Real Birthday
Ethan's actual birthday was a very memorable one this year. It was day 3 of a crazy 5 day ice /snow storm. So it was day 3 of being trapped in the house and we woke up to no electricity. And it wasn't one of the "rolling blackouts" that lasted a few minutes. Our power was out nearly 8 hours. Thankfully Anson was home with us. We finally left the house which was getting very cold and braved the drive to the mall. It normally takes less than 10 minutes to get to the mall, this day it took 40. The kids played in the play area for a long time while Anson snuck off to take a conference call. Then we ate Chick fil A and rode the merry-go-round. It actually turned out to be a fun day with the whole family for Ethan's birthday.



And opening a gift from Papa Jon


After this Anson remembered his dad had overnighted a card for Ethan and since he had already changed into his PJs he asked me to go check the mail. I went out there and walking as careful as I could in the ice, I still managed to slip and fall on the front steps. I didn't think it was too bad until I woke in the middle of the night with a throbbing wrist. I went to the Urgent Care in the morning and sure enough I managed to fracture it! Again, Ethan's 5th Birthday has been a memorable one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment