September 24, 2011

Elena's First Soccer Game

Elena had her first soccer game with Team Pinkalicious and she did great!  I was a little nervous going into it because she was not happy playing the scrimmage at practice with her teammates.  She is still learning about the game rules and didn't understand why the other girls kept taking the ball from her.  Quite a few tears were shed.  So when we got to the game with a team full of other girls who were going to be trying to take the ball away, I was sure it was going to end in more tears.  But to my surprise she did great!  No tears and she ran after the ball the whole time.  Not sure if she actually kicked the ball much, but she had a good time and to me at this point, that's all I was hoping for!  Hoping this season will build her confidence and help teach her about teamwork!  She has a great team including one of her best friends Addyson and two great coaches (including Addy's mom), so I think it's going to be a great season. :)




They let Elena be team captain for the first game and she helped do the coin toss :)





With Coach Julie, Addy's mom



Her favorite part of the game - the snack!

No comments: