September 24, 2011

Tour Des Fleurs - 20 k

Not sure who will believe me, but Anson is not the only one in the family who has been training :)  A friend of mine, Julie has somehow convinced me to get into running!  We had lunch together one day and by the end she had me convinced I could run a marathon.  Those who know me very well, know this is a crazy thought.  I have never really enjoyed running, not even in high school when I was in good shape.  Wednesdays were running days and I dreaded that day every week!  But having someone to run with who is the same pace as me has made it easier.   And I have to say, as I get better and better, it's actually addicting and dare I say, fun!  We signed up and completed the Tour Des Fleurs at White Rock Lake last weekend.  We did the 20k race - 12.6 miles!  We finished in about 2 1/2 hours.  Not winning any medals, but VERY proud to say I did it :)  It was a tough race, very humid and the second half of the course had several HUGE hills!  We had fun though and I'm excited for my next race!  

With Julie early in the morning before the start.

1 comment:

Julia Harman said...

WHAA??? You too??? Impressive! I just told Jeremy you've been running too, and he swears he saw you at White Rock last weekend...he rode his bike past you while you were doing your run apparently! Proud of you!